THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SELF DISCLOSURE AND HAPPINESS OF WORKING WIFE
Sulis Mariyanti, Diah Ayu Dinar, Safitri M, Dini Arwati
In carrying out the dual role as a housewife and work is not an easy thing. Various demands that must be carried out by working wives can cause fatigue, feelings of being burdened, and can even cause conflict in the household due to conflicting roles, thus making working wives unhappy. One of the things related to happiness is self-disclosur . This study aims to determine the relationship between self-disclosure and happiness in working wives. This research is quantitative with a purposive sampling technique involving 100 respondents. The self-disclosure measuring instrument used was compiled based on Wheeleess's self-disclosure theory totaling 34 valid items with a reliability value of 0.909, as well as a happiness measuring instrument compiled based on Seligman's happiness theory which amounted to 36 valid items with a reliability value of 0.914. Correlational test results obtained sig. (P) of 0.00 (p <0.05) and r value of 0.386, which means there is a significant relationship between self-disclosure and happiness. Self-disclosure contributed 14.9% to happiness in working wives and the remaining 85.1% by other factors. More happy working wives (52%) compared to unhappy wives. Age and level of education are known to have no relationship with happiness in working wives.